13262538

Sir Me and my husband separated, we have a mortgage

Customer Question

dear Madam/sir
Me and my husband separated, we have a mortgage free house which is rented out! There is a trust of deed, according that I have 33% husband 67%! I don't want to sell, he wants to! Can he force me to sell it?
Thanks,
dr Olga Esik
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHas there been a final court order made within the Divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, and we are married in Hungary! I have already my British Passport and he is Hungarian! He is living there!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - just to be clear - you are still married and you live in the UK - and the property is also in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, still married! I live in the uk, husband in Hungary! We are separated!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you intend to divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes! But we married in Hungary
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I understand that - but do you intend to get a divorce here in the Uk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not here, just in hungary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, i do not
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
IN that case then yes using Uk Property law your ex would be able to force a sale of the property The only way that you would have been able to (potentially) prevent this would be as part of the financial side of divorce proceedingsI am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further detailsClare