12826847

My daughter who has paranoid schizophrenia attacked me with

Customer Question

Hi my daughter who has paranoid schizophrenia attacked me with a knife last Saturday while being mentally unstable. The wounds consisted of several superficial cuts across my chest with little psychological harm. The police release her on bail without a charge (she denied it and made a counter allegation against. The police also classified me as high risk with a panic alarm installed in my property. I have not been arrested or charged with anything.
Can you tell me what the police / cps are likely to do and what sort of sentence she could get. She does not have any prior criminal record.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a soliciitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. It sounds like she may on police bail pending further investigations. Does your daughter have any bail conditions? Normally the police would impose a bail condition for her to keep away from you. Are you sure the pollce have done this rather than decided to take no further action?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, she is on police bail and not allowed to contact her mother. At present she has been released from the police station with no charge against her at the moment and she needs to come back to the station in April. What could be the likely action for the cps / police to take next
They will probably be carrying out further enquiries, looking for further evidence etc. It may be that they have bailed her pending a decision by the CPS on whether to charge her or not. You should have a contact number for the investigating officer, and as there is meant to be victim centred justice he should tell you what is going on. The possible scenarios are:- further rebaills (this does happen and can go on indefinitely),- charge with an assault of some sort (you talk about superficial wounds so could be either ABH or GBH)- divert from the criminal justice system and into NHS mental health care I(unliiley oif she is on bail)- decide there is insufficient evidence to charge, take no further action and simply stop investigating. In terms of sentence this will depend on the charge it could be an ABH charge and there are 2 dif types of GBH/Wounding. The sentencing varies widely depednign on the charge and other factors but custody is very likely in a knife incident.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i am satisfied with the answer and happy the fee now. The rating stars are greyed out in I.E and chrome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction - happy to pay the fee now
Thankyou.