Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My great grandfather died 8years ago 28/12/08 and left me some

Customer Question

My great grandfather died 8years ago 28/12/08 and left me some money which I would receive when I was 21, I'm nearly 22 and my family won't give me the details to get my inheritance and I'm worried my mum has taken it for herself. How do I get hold of my inheritance?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Here you must contact the executor of the will as it is the executor's job to deal with all beneficiaries' gifts and bequests. So, get a copy of your great grandfather's will and see who the executor is. Once a will has been admitted to probate it is a public document and you can get a copy from the District Probate Registry in Leeds and online. There you will see who is the executor. If the executor will not hand over your inheritance,t hen you can initiate legal proceedings compelling them to account to you for your inheritance. Either way, they are not able to keep you out of your inheritance. If there is a difficulty with the executor, I would suggest you get a solicitor and get them to start legal proceedings.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.