Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Madam Please could you advise a course of action

Dear Sir/Madam
Please could you advise a course of action on the following question.
Last April I lent a person,who at the time I considered a close friend, £1120.51 to save her being evicted. At the time she expected to receive the money she owed me back within a month by way of government benefits (back dated) when these did not materialise she then promised to pay the the money in monthly installments, of £50 by standing order. This was acceptable at the time as I had no reason to doubt her. To date I have so far received the following
1. £50 on 8/07/15
2. £50 on 6/08/15
3. £50 on 29/10/2015
Despite numerous attempts to contact her she has completely ignored me I have kept all
text messages from her as proof of her intent and my constant reminders. I have now given up trying to contact her and would like to know what my next step is.
I look forward to your advise on this matter
Mrs Valerie Clews
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. You will be able to pursue a claim to Court, which you can do here: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online However, you should write to hee one more time and formally inform her that if the debt is not settled by a specific date (eg. 4 weeks) that you will proceed to court and cla your court fees on top. Please provide a positive ratimg if you found this helpful and I will not be credited with answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you