31090051

I'm a owner of a caravan , it is on a caravan site at haven

Customer Question

I'm a owner of a caravan , it is on a caravan site at haven , I was lease it to the site to pay my ground fees . I now Want to take it off site because they tell me it is to old too lease out .they are now telling me that they had to stop lease it half way through the season 2015 so I owe them £2000 and will not let me remove my caravan till its payed I don't have this kind of money .if I Don't get it of site by March I will owe them full ground fees for 2016 do they have the right to do this
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If they told you at the end of the season that they had to stop letting it out then they can't claim money from you in ground fees because they already agreed that they would have the use of the caravan in lieu of ground fees. That was a contract and they can't change that just because they unilaterally decide that your caravan isn't suitable for letting out. They should have thought of that when they entered into the agreement with you. So they don't have the right to charge you anything nor do they have the right to hold onto the caravan until you pay. That is the position unless there is any written agreement to the contrary.