29905560

I have sent a letter two letters to a certain solicitor via

I have sent a letter two letters to a certain solicitor via another solicitor and have had no replies . Does the solicitor have to reply by law or is it up to them if they reply?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you this solicitors' client?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a beneficiary but seam to have been excluded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solicitor in question wrote the will and codicil. They told me in the first instance that they had copies in their offices, but these are not being shown they have found an old will and have used that without the codicil this one excludes me . They wouldn't answer either letters or speak with me just told me to instruct a solicitor , this I did not sure what to do now ?they are not disclosing the original documents as they are in favour of me. I expect they have been told by the executors not to respond as I would have a legal right to live in the farm and they wouldn't want that is this legal?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm wondering weather to put an injunction on the property to stop a sale , I know I can do this myself but not sure how. I spoke to one of the executors and said I would like to purchase the farm but not the figure they are expecting as I know that if i am a sitting tenant it would be less we haven't mentioned a figure as I was waiting for copies of the will and codicil which never ever arrived.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now probate has been granted but there is no codicil , also I am not sur if the grant is legal as it does not have a court stamp and I know it has to and of course it is a different will.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. If this solicitor did not act for you, i.e. you were not their client, then there is no legal requirement on them to respond to your letters. It is good practice to do so but they cannot be forced to reply. Saying that, there have been certain cases in the courts which have dealt with the failure of a solicitor to reply to an opponent’s correspondence and sometimes this could result in costs of a case being awarded against them as a result. Each case will depend on its own facts but there are certain examples you could read here: http://www.mills-reeve.com/profesionaldiscourtesy/ It would also depend if they have received instructions from their own clients not to reply to any correspondence from you. A solicitor will have to follow their client’s instructions so if that is their wish they would not be obliged to respond to you. You may also find this publication useful, particularly sections 3.26 onwards relating to wills: http://www.legalservicesconsumerpanel.org.uk/publications/research_and_reports/documents/third%20party%20complaints.pdf If you wanted to complain then you may do so to the Legal Ombudsman. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.