Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

About 15 years ago I was accused of rape it wasn't true I was

About 15 years ago I was accused of rape it wasn't true I was arrested at time and released I haven't heard any more about this. Recently the girl as been contacting me and my family I have informed police. Can police get involved again she as been texting me on Facebook and whiazz app. She is bitter because at time it split her boyfriend up that's why I believe she accused me and she now sees I have a family and as contacted my wife my wife told her to get lost so now she says she's going to police
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
There is no time limit on these cases - the police can certainly investigate alleged crimes from 15 years ago.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
But if you were cleared from the investigation previously, there is no reason, unless fresh evidence comes to light, for the police to want to speak to you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does cleared mean nfa
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
It's means the same thing, yes. The police really only be interested if any fresh evidence comes to light - her repeating the same allegation will not result in a new investigation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think a statement was made that's why they nfa it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did sleep together so the was that contact but I told police that at the time
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
OK. Do you have another question you'd like to ask?