13262538

I am married to the mother of two children 27 year old son

I am married to the mother of two children 27 year old son and 31 year old daughter from a previous marriage. The father recently passed away intestate and the new widow of 10 months will not release any of their father's ashes so as they have somewhere to go to grieve for their father.There is an 85 year old father whom is devastated about this. What rights do the children have regarding their father's ashes?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you you.Sadly it is not good news. Since she is his Widow and he died intestate his Wife is the only person entitled to deal with the ashes and she cannot be forced to either release them nor indeed inter or scatter them.In my family a similar situation was dealt with by planting a memorial tree in a special place - and it came to mean a great deal to us all.Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Just to check - you do know that the site charges extra for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much will a phone conversation cost have read your response to my question the law is an ass
as far as these children are concerned
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didnt think I will leave it for the time being thanx for your help Clare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is fineAnd I agree will you totally - I remember all to well the distress we suffered. However the tree is a help - we still visit it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01925 721408
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You work;on a Sunday Clare ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I do indeed - are you ready for the call now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please