13262538

Can I nominate two next of kins?

Customer Question

Can I nominate two next of kins?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIn what context do you wish to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a friend of 43 years who is resident in a care home. He is 83. He has has indicated someone of his next of kin. I am worried that the person is only showing in interst in him for what she might gain when he passes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My main worry is that he may be admitted to hospital and I'll be unable to gain any information as to his condition. The home and hospital will need confirmation that I should be kept in contact.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In fact the legal definition of "next of kin" is simply the nearest blood relative and in England and Wales it has no specific legal force.However it is usually used to denote the people you wish to be notified in an emergency - and you can indeed nominate more than on person for this.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Clare, this will be very helpful.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well.