75100385

At my last rent renewal I complained about the rent increase

Customer Question

at my last rent renewal I complained about the rent increase as the property was in serious need of repair and improvement. The agency discussed with the landlord and they agreed to keep the rent the same. In the following 3 months I was told the condition I was keeping the property was not acceptable. I then requested a meeting on 5th January 2016 to discuss the landlord doing some basic repairs before the next renewal in March 2016 and within 24 hours was told verbally the landlord wants vacant possession and I will be served with a section 21. I have not had anything in writing and I believe I have been asked to vacate the property in retaliation for complaining about the state of the property. What can you advise please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a meeting with the property manager on the 5th January which was confirmed in writing by the Branch Manager on the 4th of January. At that meeting I went through a number of options for how the repairs could be done by myself which would allow the landlord to keep collecting rent whilst I did the repairs. After the repairs were complete I discussed that I was prepared to accept a higher rent more in keeping with the property rental value based on the improved condition the house would be in.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether this is a private landlord?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes a private landlord through an agency
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now