12826847

Good Evening, I work as an Assistant Manager in a high

Good Evening,
I work as an Assistant Manager in a high volume restaurant in London. On Friday night customer spat in my face saying at the same time "shu up bi*ch" as I couldn't accept his form of payment he wanted to use for his bill as he couldn't provide a valid ID so I could much the name on the credit card with the name on his ID. I've never ever felt so disrespected in my life and I'm really worrying about my safety and well being at work. The cusotmer spat in my face and his saliva went straight to my eye. As my role is associated with late fnishing (around 2 am) I am extremely stressed that something can happen to me. I would be grateful if could tell me, please if spitting is treated as an assault by law? And if there is any point of making a claim? Thank you very much, Izabela
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Spitting is a common assault.I'm not sure against whom you are hoping to claim? Your employers are clearly not responsible for the conduct of customers.You could claim from him if you can find him although you will have to show that you suffered actual ascertainable financial loss beyond pain and suffering for which you would get a small amount.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo