29905560

I work major motor manufacturing company, I work in an

I work for a major motor manufacturing company, I work in an area that should not/does not exist, on some occasions these cars get some major damage done to them due to careless drivers around the factory.
My job is to repair these damaged cars, even though these cars have been damaged some still get sold to the unwitting customers/buyers, even though I repair these cars to the highest standard and try my best not to use body filler some if the most badly damaged cars require this but still get sold to the unwitting customer.
I want this to be known to the general public but as I am still employed by the company involved I need to know what the consequences will be. I know I will loose my job but would also have to take the company to court for unfair dismissal and for having to repair these damaged cars in the first place..... I have hundreds of photo's as proof
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you not read my enquiry???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Your post above does not contain a question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The evidence I have could cost the company involved millions But no doubt they'll try and cover it up, where do I stand if I leak this information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a good solicitor behind me as the general public who buy these cars and pay 40k+ for them when they have had major damage done to them during production don't expect that these cars have been damaged and should actually be told and not be charged full price, or the cars I repair should actually be sold at a discount.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. Do you have any specific restrictions in your contract that prevent you from disclosing such information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure to be honest but I recently had to remove pictures of my work off my linked in account and was threatened with dismissal if I didn't, and was given a stern talking to, the superintendent who spoke to me had the rule book opened at a certain page but did not read anything out to me.
I'm pretty sure the company would have some sort of restrictions in my contract somewhere.
I do not have a copy of the rule book and was not provided with one when they employed me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are likely to be able to justify making such disclosures under whistleblowing laws, also known as making a protected disclosure. Even if you have a specific non-disclosure policy, there are circumstances in which public policy (or interest) overrides an implied or express duty of confidentiality including those owed by employees to their employer So you could make such a disclosure even if a contract or policy prevents you from disclosing such information. You must however ensure that the disclosures you are making qualify as protected disclosures. The criteria are:· There must be a disclosure of information· Its contents must cover one of the following matters:{C}o Criminal offences{C}o Breach of any legal obligation{C}o Miscarriages of justice{C}o Danger to the health and safety of any individual{C}o Damage to the environment{C}o The deliberate concealing of information about any of the above· You must reasonably believe that the disclosure is made in the public interest You need to make the disclosure to the employer or an authorised third party, which must be a prescribed person to whom such complaints can be made in the specific industry you work). So do not just go to the media as that could remove the protection of disclosing such information. If you have made a protected disclosure and the employer subsequently dismisses you or subjects you to detrimental treatment, you will have protection under whistleblowing regulations. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the right you get in the event f dismissal or detrimental treatment, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. In the event that you are dismissed or subjected to detrimental treatment as a result of making a protected disclosure you have the option of making a claim in the employment tribunal. There is a strict time limit of 3 months from date of dismissal or detriment to issue a claim so you must not delay it. A new feature in the employment tribunal’s claims process is mandatory early conciliation with ACAS. This requires prospective claimants to notify ACAS and provide details of their intended claim and they would then try to negotiate between the claimant and respondent to seek out of court settlement in order to avoid having to take the claim to the tribunal. It is possible for the parties to refuse to engage in these negotiations, or that they are unsuccessful, in which case they would get permission to proceed with making the claim in the tribunal. If negotiations are initiated and settlement is reached, then the claimant would agree not to proceed with the claim in return for the agreed financial settlement. The conciliation procedure and the form to fill in can be found here: https://ec.acas.org.uk/Submission/SingleClaimantPage In terms of the time limits within which a claim must be presented, the early conciliation process places a ‘stop’ on that and the time between notifying ACAS and them issuing permission to proceed with the claim would not count for the purposes of these time limits.