12826847

I have made riding jackets and a costume lady using measurements

I have made riding jackets and a costume for a lady using measurements that she gave me. when she received them she said she was pleased with them. I have a picture of one of the children wearing one of the jackets at a horse riding competition. This lady then complained to paypal saying that she wanted a refund. Paypal rejected her claim in my favour.
I then received the garments back in the post before christmas without any note or letter inside and due to the paypal incident I did not contact her.
I have received a message via facebook today in which she calls me a thief and is demanding a full refund.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How should I react to her threat and do i have any protection in the law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
She cannot just randomly decide she wants a refund.There needs to be a clear claim under the Sale of Goods Act. You don't describe the nature of her claim here. If paypal have rejected her claim though then probably it is without merit. That doesn't mean she won't invent a different claim and sue of course. If she does you will have to challenge it.How you should react depends really. I certainly think it would be worth doing something about allegations like theft. A bit of personal abuse is one thing and can be ignored. Defamatory assertions are another. If she is saying that to you then she will be saying that to a million others.If you have her address you could get a solicitor to write to her warning her of the laws of defamation. However, if she is just making that allegation to you at this stage then that isn't defamation. Unless you have evidence that she is making this claim to others it is not actionable.The other alternative is to just respond refusing on Facebook and invite her to sue if she disagrees.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you no. I needed some reassurance which you have given me. I now have a way forward, Thanks again.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.