75100385

I have made a data access request to my pension fund administrator

Customer Question

Hi, I have made a data access request to my pension fund administrator who I believe has made errors in the management of the pension leading to an underpayment of PAYE. They have provided some documents back to me but I have evidence to suggest the response is incomplete. I wrote again to them requesting further records but they have failed to respond. I am entitled to apply for a court order to get a complete response to my data access request?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How many days has it been?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,I Initially sent the request giving them 40 days in which to respond. I got an incomplete response back with a package of documents that did not include those I had specifically requested, i.e. written correspondence between them and myself. I then wrote to them again requesting the documents and gave them 10 days in which to respond. I have had no response yet. Thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If you want to go to court, then you can but there is a court fee of £280 to pay. For this you would need to complete form n208http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n208-eng.pdfThe court would set the matter down and decide whether to make an order requiring these documents to be released.Or you could go via the information commissioner, this would be a free service even though it may take a little longer. They can investigate and prosecute where necessary. Their website is www.ico.org.ukCan I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex