75100385

I am in a joint tenancy with my husband in a council house.

Customer Question

I am in a joint tenancy with my husband in a council house. He has received a letter from the housing benefit department of the council. This letter reads "As your partner will be turning 65 please supply evidence of any private pensions or annuities she may then receive." I haven't received a letter on the same subject. This seems wrong to me, and I am angry, but is it illegal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Its not illegal no. As long as they are not discriminating on the grounds of sex, religion, race, colour, age etc they are ok.They just appear to be asking for more information nothing else. The Housing Department are entitled to ask for copy documents in the event there is a change in circumstances which could mean entitlement to benefit changesBut the request does not appear to be illegal.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/