29905560

This is horrendously embarrassing to talk about :(.

This is horrendously embarrassing for me to talk about :(. Last night i was caught by a police officer in my vehicle with a prostitute. Although when the policeman turned up we were not engaged in any sexual activity at all, it is needless to say that is why I was with her. He knew who the girl was from previous and I have denied anything happening by saying i was just catching up with an old associate. There was a used condom next to the vehicle and CCTV around the area.
The policeman specifically said that he had belief that we were there engaging in some sort of sexual activity but that because 'belief' was all it was and he hasn't actually caught us doing anything, there is nothing that he can do anyway, but he took my details (personal and vehicle) and said that all that would come from the situation would be that them details be entered in their database as "intelligence" that I had been there and had been spoken with at that time. Although he said that was all that would come of it, he did say he would be checking CCTV for the origins of the used condom on the floor.
I am absolutely terrified of this now, I have worked my entire life for the job and opportunities I currently have in my hands and cannot bare to lose all of that nor can i bare the thought of how my parents will feel if they come knocking on the door, let alone finding out why and can bare it even less if I do lose my job over this and how they will feel. Can you please please please give me some advice as I am feeling majorly depressed about this and my mind is working overtime trying to think of an outcome etc.
If a phone call is better to discuss this then that is also fine?
Regards,
Dean
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is your job subject to any criminal records checks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben. It is yes, but as I have started my job a little under 6 months ago I don't know if that still matters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you ask?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
It would usually be the only way the employer may find out about this. What level check are you subject to - basic, standard or enhanced? Also how often would you be expected to have these done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be easier for me to call you and discuss this further? It may be quicker than simply doing it in a written manner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I should be able to, but firstly can you please clarify the specific queries you have - are you mainly concerned about the impact it will have on your job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not just the impact on my career. There are a few issues I have here, such as will anything actually come of it other than intelligence on the system? if so, what? etc...
Let me know when i can call you on here and I will do so, I really think it will be much easier that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and i am under real bad time pressure here now, i only have 10-15 minutes available so the sooner the better please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok the reason I ask is because your query overlaps into two completely distinct areas of law - employment and criminal. One lawyer may not necessarily be able to help with both and whilst they may have limited advice to give on the other topic, it may not cover your queries fully. I can discuss the impact on your employment - now and in the future plus what may come up in relation to this incident but I cannot really discuss the current crime aspects such as if it will go any further. So if you wish to proceed let me know - you may also have to post a separate query in relation to the crime aspects
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Just need to post a response to close question, no need to reply, all the best