75100385

I am contracted to talk talk until March 2017

I am contracted to talk talk until March 2017 for broadband and phone. I am moving house this weekend and contacted them to move the service. I was told it would be live on 25th February which I agreed.
I then receive an email telling me the live date is now 16th March and that it will be a new 18 month contract, not simply moving the old contract to a new address. Upon calling they explain that they cannot get the service moved until then and that it must be a new contract or I will have termination fees of £356 for the original contract.
I feel that as they cannot provide a vital service in a reasonable period of time then they should allow me to leave the existing contract. Is this reasonable?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does your contract say about moving and switching the service please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the late reply. I have checked initial emails when ordered and all it says is 18 month contract, a contract has not been received.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and make a formal complaint. If they do not uphold it then you need to complain to the ombudsman who are free and independent. They are at https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.htmlCan I clairfy anything for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. What is the best angle to complain about? Is it the lack of provision of service in a reasonable time or that they will not let me out of the contract despite this?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Both, I would put all aspects.Does that clarify?Alex