29905560

Ben I have Sent an email to my boss yesterday but got no

Hi Ben
I have Sent an email to my boss yesterday but got no reply,
How long do I need to wait in order to send him a second email or a grievance letter
This is my Grievance letter that I will send to my boss by next Monday if I don't Get any reply from him as time is running out and the place I work in is closing in two & half weeks can you please let me know what you think thanks
Grievance letter
I am writing to seek your help in resolving a problem that I am experiencing
It is a problem that is causing me some concern and that I have been unable to solve without bringing to your attention. I hope in doing so we can deal with the issue quickly and amicably.we had a meeting on February the 8th where you told me that The relocation of the Villiers shop to another site my take more than two months and that you did not want to lose me but that I need to start looking for another Job ,and the other option is to move to Cheapside shop and be on hourly Rate because You cannot afford to have two managers in one place and that you will pay me £7.75 an hour and a contract of 30hrs a week at the moment I work for you as an Assistant Manager and I get £18000per year I Have also emailed you on February the 15th 2016 to send me the email that you said you will send me in regard to the hours that I may be doing at Cheapside and the other option of me looking for another job so that I can give you my final decision but did not get any answer back from you .I personally feel that I have not been given any option whatsoever and that I'm been discriminated and humiliated and treated unfairly not to mention taking advantage of the fact that I just had a baby that you know that I have a family to feed so losing a job for me is not an option ,my question is I need to know why you choose me and not Damiano 'the other Manager ,why do I have to look for a job and not him ,why Do I need to step down and not him ,
Damiano Started working as an Assistant Manager after May the 4th 2015according to the rotas that we get from you and I started working for you in marsh and my Assistant Manager contract Started in May the 1st 2015
My contract of employment clearly says
Place of work: you will normally be required to work at Villiers Street and from any other site within a 5 mile radius
You said that you cannot afford to have two Managers but you had two managers in cheap side from May to august
If I worked my contracted hours as an Assistant Manager 45hrs a week my hourly rate will came to 7.69 phr and you want me to be an assistant for 7.75phr
And finally the shop is closing on marsh the 4th and still has not been given a written notice
This Problem had made me very stressed and feeling very unwanted and also not at all appreciated and very much usedI would welcome the chance to talk this through with you at a convenient time and place
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, there is no specific time to wait to send a second email you have to consider the circumstances – is he around, is he busy, does he usually reply in time, are the queries complex, etc. Give him 5-7 days and then consider the grievance option. As to the letter, here it is with some small corrections: Grievance letter I wish to raise a formal grievance in order to try and resolve a problem that I am currently experiencing. It is causing me a great deal of concern and I have been unable to resolve it without bringing it formally to your attention. I hope in doing so we can deal with the issue quickly and amicably. We had a meeting on 8 February 2016 where you told me that the relocation of the Villiers shop to another site may take more than two months and that you did not want to lose me. However, you also said that I either needed to start looking for another job or to move to the Cheapside shop and be on hourly rate because you could not afford to have two managers in one place. It would have meant placing me on a rate of £7.75 an hour and a contract of 30hrs per week, whereas at the moment I work for you as an Assistant Manager and I get £18000 per year. I also emailed you on 15 February 2016 asking you to send me the email that you said you would in regard to the hours that I may be doing at Cheapside and the other option of me looking for another job so that I can give you my final decision, however I did not get a reply. I personally feel that I have not been given any option whatsoever and that I'm being discriminated, humiliated and treated unfairly, not to mention being taken advantage of. You are aware that I have just had a baby and now have a family to feed so losing a job for me is not an option. My question is I need to know why you chose me and not Damiano, the other Manager? Why do I have to look for a job and not him? Why do I need to step down and not him? According to the rotas, Damiano started working as an Assistant Manager on 4 May 2015, whereas I started working for you in March and my Assistant Manager contract started on 1 May 2015. My contract of employment clearly states: “Place of work: you will normally be required to work at Villiers Street and from any other site within a 5 mile radius.” You said that you cannot afford to have two Managers but you had two managers in Cheapside from May to August last year. If I worked my contracted hours as an Assistant Manager (45hrs a week) my hourly rate would come to £7.69 phr and you want me to be an assistant for 7.75phr. Finally the shop is closing on 4 March and I have still not been issued a written notice.This problem has made me very stressed, feeling unwanted unappreciated and very much used. I would welcome the chance to talk this through with you at a convenient time and place. I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you