75100385

Can a council impose residents only parking and charge when

Can a council impose residents only parking and charge when it is the councils actions in the street that has caused more people to use it as a free car park
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Is there any reason you think they may not be able to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They caused the problem by putting the things in the area so why should they profit by it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it might be unfair but it is lawful.If vehicles are parking at variance with a prohibition that is in the traffic management order and advertised at the location then the council can fine and enforce those fines.It might very well be entirely unfair. Officialdom often is. That doesn't mean they cannot enforce it.They would have had to advertise the change in the traffic management order and there would have been an opportunity to contest it at a council meeting.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there no answer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, see above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See above where there is only our first question to me and my two answers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is an answer above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have I paid £38 just for you to ask me if there is a reason they may not be able to and yes see above ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
My answer is above. I'm not sure why you are not seeing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has just appeared now,so a council can't be challenged as they are morally wrong making money out of charge that they have caused they didn't win in York when another firm of solicitors challenged them for charging to go over Lendal Bridge and the council thought that there actions were legal
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You have left a negative rating so i will not be able to continue. All the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have sent me an email to rate your answer which you cut short as you said I had given a negative feedback,you were quick to terminate conversation,so shy would you be asking for new rating it isn't going to be any better than last rating,the little bit of answer you gave me I could have got for free on Internet
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I'm not able to continue further because you have left a negative rating. All the best.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.I see the expert has opted out - what else would you like to know?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What else can I help you with, I can assist you with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not going to bother you can see the question I asked and the previous person just gave me a stock answer that can be obtained for free anywhere on line if you could have helped you would have sent me another answer
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Just to be clear you want them to put access only sign and they wont?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
ok. You need to write to the chief officer and make a formal complaint. The department will investigate and report back to you.When you get a final response and if it's against you then and only then can you complain to the local government Ombudman. They offer a free, independent service and they can examine your complaint at www.lgo.org.ukBut you can only go to the ombudsman once you get a final response from the council.You should also complaints your councillor as that is what they are elected for, to do your bidding.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Thankyou that's a lot better response than the last person gave me Thankyou