12826847

Can a neighbour be asked by the police to bug the house next

Customer Question

Can a neighbour be asked by the police to bug the house next door. Is this legal
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son thinks his home is being bugged by a neighbour. His father has beeninprision for 6months on a historical case of sexual abuse.
There has been cases of an offensive nature aimed atmysonwho wasntbornat the time the abuse took place.
Due to a case of Chinese whispers my son now thinks the property is being bugged .
I can't see how the police would ask this of a neighbour ,what kind of reason would've needed to do thisitseems to be a breechofhumanrights to me.
How does he react to this it is making him unwell .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, they wouldn't do that. If the police wanted to bug the house they would need to seek authorities themselves. They wouldn't get a neighbour to do and they couldn't use the evidence. If they couldnt use the evidence there would be no point. It wouldn't be of any relevance what he said anyway.If his home is being bugged then it is not at the direction of the police.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo