12826847

My son on law is employed at a local BP service station. This

Customer Question

My son on law is employed at a local BP service station. This week, he picked up a sandwich on the display which was split, and should have been placed in a refuse skip. He did not but ate it. No dispute he was very silly. He has been summoned to attend a local disciplinary hearing held by the Assistant Manageress who made the complaint against him, for alleged theft. this coming Friday. According to paperwork sent by BP he cannot be legally represented, but can have a colleague present or Trade Union Rep (but he is not a member of a TU..I believe he should be properly represented in this circumstances as his job is on the line, and I cannot believe that the person who made the allegation is allowed to be Judge and Jury. Please advise
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long has he worked there for?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - how long has he worked there for?