12826847

My brother-in-law is a 74 year old schizophrenic bachelor who

Customer Question

My brother-in-law is a 74 year old schizophrenic bachelor who lives in his own jointly owned home and the house is barely fit for human habitation. He refuses help, i.e., will not agree to Social Services having a look at the situation. His mental illness is under fortnightly attention. He is also physically ill and under the care of his local GP but both aspects are unconnected with the state of his home. I understand he will be going in to a hospital shortly for an operation.
Is there anything that can be suggested to improve his way of living in his home?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes he actually have sufficient mental capacity to make his own decisions?