29905560

I was arrested in Orlando last year theft. Bail was

Customer Question

I was arrested in Orlando last year for petty theft. Bail was paid.when back home in Ireland the case was in court and a fine was paid from the bail and I was refunded the remaining money. Can I get back into Florida this year without a Visa.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.You will need to apply for a visa for theft when it involves the intention of permanent taking. If it does not then you dont need a visa, if it does then you did. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello it really does not matter whether there was intention of permanent taking or not when the theft occurred. What matters is that you were arrested. This automatically makes you ineligible for visa-free travel. As such you would have to apply for a visa regardless of what the offence was and whether you were convicted or not. Hope this clarifies?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you