29905560

The cost of an online money claim of £5435 is £410 whereas

the cost of an online money claim of £5435 is £410 whereas claims upto £5000 are only £185. Even though the full value of my claim is over £5000 can I still claim £5000 to reduce the cost / risk?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what exactly is the claim for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

breach of contact resulting in loss of income of £5435 (after seeking to mitigate loses).

in brief the contact was for all the rooms / 5 rooms in our B&B for the company's employees. This was subject to a minimum period of 6 months at a rate of £1500 per week. They terminated the agreement after 3 months.

also what is the highest level of interest I can reasonably claim?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You can claim whatever amount you want. You do not have to claim for the full amount you have lost and if you wanted to you could claim for a lesser amount (of course you cannot claim for a higher amount). So if you wanted to reduce the court fees you could reduce the claim amount. You will obviously have to write off the balance of the claim which you have not included, knowing that even if you win you would not be able to claim for it. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I've decided just to go for the full amount. I am now completing the section on the online claim that asks for - A short statement (maximum 1080 characters) of what you are claiming for and why.

would you please review my statement and advise?

We operate a small B&B, Colthrop Manor Ltd
(the claimant). In June 2015 we were
approached by and subsequently negotiated a
contract with TSO / Traffic Safety Officer
Services Ltd (the defendant). Under the
terms of the agreement TSO were to have all
the rooms in the B&B (5 rooms) on an ongoing
basis at a discounted rate of £1500 per week.
In negotiations the defendant stated that
they needed the accommodation on a long term
basis as they had a 5 year contact to service
close to our location. The deal was made
subject to a minimum term of 6 months.
On the evening of Tuesday 1st September we
received a telephone call from Tony Pope, the
Managing Director of TSO, informing us that
their contract had been cancelled and that
they no longer required the accommodation.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi if you need me to go over the statement then that is an additional question to the one you originally asked so Huw oils need to post as a separate one please. Thanks