75100385

I'm Ste. I'm living in the same flat years

I'm Ste. I'm living in the same flat for almost4 years now. A new company (LetMe Property) took over our flat from our previous landlord. They want to increase the rent by 10% ( I was expecting that), but in the same time they asking us to find a guarantor. I don't really want to bother any of my friends (we have not that many) and my parents living abroad so it's not an option either. The really weird thing about this they said they gonna do a soft credit check on me and if I'll have a good credit score I won't need a guarantor. In the same time I received an e-mail with a link what I need to send to my guarantor. Then they hung up. After few minutes they called me back and they said even though I have an excellent credit score I don't have enough credit history (which is nonsense for me) and they hung up. I checked that link what they send me over (to my guarantor) and I can check what they put in about me. They didn't put in where we were living in the last 3 years plus it's seems like they registering me for viewing our property. I checked their homage and they already advertising our flat and they homepage showing "available" and fully furnished (it was only half furnished).
I don't even know if they have a right for all that.
Regards,
Ste
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know what type of agreement you have and if you are in the fixed term?Is your deposit protected please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last agreement was a rolling contract with my previous landlord and he was secured our deposit with "myDeposit"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What are they saying they will do if you dont provide a guarantor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well they didn't said anything about that, they just said they need it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe they just need some king of guarantee, that's why I was thinking about to pay a half year rent to them in one lump sum. What do you think is it a good idea?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. If you pay that then yes, but UNLESS the contract says you need a guarantor then you dont. They can';t just go and change the terms of the contract part way through.Ask them where in the agreement you have signed does it say you need a guarantor? It wont. Ask them where in the terms does it say they can ask for one later. It wont.As such you are NOT obliged to get one. But if you pay them 6 months up front it may prevent them giving notice.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** clear thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck Ste.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please dont forget to rate so I am paid - thanks!Alex