JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

Sorry we got disconnected my son died on a trip to New York

Customer Question

sorry we got disconnected my son died on a trip to New York his firm he works for are oil related i have to send his death certificate and they want my solicitors name and address for his pension,i do not have a solicitor
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Good evening I am sorry to hear of your loss.We need to establish why it is that your son's employers want details of your Solicitors. Who is in charge of your son's estate? Did he make a Will and if so, did he appoint a Solicitor as an Executor or a family member? You need to report back to his employers as to who is managing the estate and ask them to make contact with them. The employers may require a Grant of Probate (document given by the probate registry which gives legal authority to deal with matters relating to someone who has died). Hopefully, the employers recognise that not all estates are managed by Solicitors especially low value estates.If the employer states that's it's mandatory that you instruct Solicitors, contact the Law Society or visit their website and search for local probate Solicitors. I hope that helps. Kind regardsKrystel
I hope you received my answer. Krystel