How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I need to serve an eviction notice on a tenant payment of over three months unpaid

Resolved Question:

I need to serve an eviction notice on a tenant for non payment of over three months unpaid rent,some £3000 in total Which notice do I serve? Tenant has been there over three years, open-ended tenancy,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.A section 8 notice is where a tenant is in BREACH of a tenancy agreement, so here its unpaid rent of 3 months. As such you can issue a Section 8 notice.However if the tenant fixes the breach then he/she can remain. If you want the tenant out in any event then you can ALSO serve a Section 21 notice, which is a notice saying you require the property back. You dont need a reason, just that you require possession.So I would serve both.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions