75100385

I need to serve an eviction notice on a tenant payment of over three months unpaid

I need to serve an eviction notice on a tenant for non payment of over three months unpaid rent,some £3000 in total Which notice do I serve? Tenant has been there over three years, open-ended tenancy,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.A section 8 notice is where a tenant is in BREACH of a tenancy agreement, so here its unpaid rent of 3 months. As such you can issue a Section 8 notice.However if the tenant fixes the breach then he/she can remain. If you want the tenant out in any event then you can ALSO serve a Section 21 notice, which is a notice saying you require the property back. You dont need a reason, just that you require possession.So I would serve both.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex