12826847

I have employed a new person and they have been late every

Customer Question

I have employed a new person and they have been late every day and up to two hours siting child care problems. I have not received any warning, they have just arrived late. I made an appointment to see the person at 8.30 am (the next day) to discuss issues. He said they had child care issues and could not make it. He has now sent a text saying he is too unwell and is going to the doctor and won't be into work. Can I send a letter terminating his contract or is there anything else I can do. This is his 9th day of employment.
Many thanks ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what is their contractual notice period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BenThere is a 3 month probationary period. The contractual notice is Clause 16: Notice of Termination of Employment: 16.1 During the first month of your probationary period, either you or the Company may terminate your employment with immediate effect. Thereafter, during the remainder of your probationary period, your employment may be ended by either you giving the Company or the Company giving you one week's written notice.Kind regardsDavid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BenDo you need any further information?Kind regardsDavid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BenCan you call Eliza on the number given at 3.30pmKind regardsDavid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BenAny news on the above?Kind regardsDavid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BenYou failed to reply to my emails. My rating to you will be poor.David
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry I did not reply earlier but by the time you posted your response (45 mins after my initial request for information) I was in a tribunal and have only just finished. If you still need help with this then I am happy to assist?