12826847

We signed a contract new telephone system in our

Customer Question

hi, we signed a contract for a new telephone system in our office, they recently installed it and we were shocked to see that it was old technology and very cheap and no good for our busy office, we believe the rep misled us with this new system and we want out of the contract and them to reemove the system
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you agree cancellation rights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have not recieved copys of any paperwork
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have only had copys of the lease hire agreement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont belive we have signed any cancellation rights
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are there any cooling off rights?Was there any misrepresentation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have been told there are no such rights on a commercial deal?? we believe the rep misrepresented this system as a market leading system, it obviously is not, we were told it could do everything our old system could do and more this is not the case
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There are no automatic cooling of rights for a commercial contract but you can agree them. However, it sounds as though you did not. In those circumstances, the starting point is that you are indeed locked into a contract. You could try to escape on the basis that the goods provided do not fit their description. It is quite hard to walk away from contract is completely as, by definition, they are binding. However this is a challenge. You could also try to rely upon the law of misrepresentation if something on through or misleading was said to you at the time that you agree to this contract. If they refuse to calm and remove the system though then there is no way of forcing them to do so but what you can do is refuse to pay and invite them to sue and contest the matter in court. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you jo, thats great
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/