13262538

I am a carer husband,who is a registered disabled

hello.
I am a carer for my husband,who is a registered disabled person and we have desided to end our marriage. The house we are living in, is from the council because of special adaptations. My husband wishes to leave, so I am left with 2 children and a 3 bedroom house. I can not afford to live in this house, and i do not have a job because i was-still am my husband carer. do i have to wait until the council take me to court before i get help looking for a new place.
both of our names are ***** ***** tenancy. and he wishes to remove his name but i haven't signed any paperwork for that.
also, I found out that my husband was making plans to move abroad in January, by himself. so he has been planning to leave for some time. and I can prove this as his sister told me that she will not support his application from for migration to Australia.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 girls aged 14 and 11
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you spoken to the council about the position?Why do you think they will simply evict you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because. 1 im not working, 2 i will be living in a 3 bedroom house where they will say i only need a 2 bedroom house. and 3 if my husband does move out, i will be on benifits and not have enoth income to support the bills
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 3 bedroom house is also addapted for a disabled person, and im not disabled nor our the children.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i remove my name from the joint tenancy agreement, i will be making myself homeless, and the council will not help you if you do this. so do i have to wait until i get evicted......... before i get help ..... if i decide to leave with the children, can i rent out a propery privatly and will i still recieve house benifts to pay for this... i dont know.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Please please stop worrying Yes you will have to move because of the adaptions but the Council will rehouse you in an alternative propertyYou should contact the housing office as soon as he moves out so that you can start bidding on other propertiesYou will be eligible for housing benefit to help with the rentPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i do have another question... its about a divorce. now because ive found out that my husband was secrelty making plans to imagrate to austrila, by himself. in january and it didnt go his way , do i have grounds to divorce him.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that amounts to Unreasonable Behaviour which is indeed grounds for divorce
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so how do i start that. I take it I need to collect proff also. is there a list of evdience i need to collect or something
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The divorce process is detailed herehttps://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorceIt is unlikely you will need any evidence