12826847

We recently won a small claims court case against a former

We recently won a small claims court case against a former client for no payment of invoices. As they had no defence they didn't bother submitting evidence or showing up in court and we think they'll probably just ignore the court judgement and carry on trading (we suspect they're probably quite well versed in the non payment game).
Are we allowed to publicise the details of the court case? Are we allowed to pass on details of the court case to investors and franchisees in their company? We know they're still trading, making false sales claims to investors and potential franchisees, and still claiming they own the software we developed which they haven't paid for.
The company is registered in England and the court case was heard in an English court. They have franchisees from all over the world.
Many Thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you are telling the truth about this matter then you can complain as publicly as you like.You do not owe them any duty of confidentiality.I would make sure that every word that you do say is truthful and accurate obviously though.If you do so then although they may well complain and make threats there is no action that can be taken.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for the reply Jo. We kept our statement to the court very factual and backed everything up with evidence (emails, contracts etc). You write that we have no duty of confidentiality, are we then allowed to make public the entire content of the evidence documents we submitted to the court, including emails between us and the client? None of the emails were marked as confidential, but we didn't know whether confidentiality is just a given?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't start revealing the contents of emails.But you can print details of the judgment. Emails are not automatically confidential but it is just inviting it to become emotive which you want to avoid.