12826847

We want to replace a fence on the boundary of our property.

Customer Question

We want to replace a fence on the boundary of our property. We believe this fence to be ours because our property existed many years before our neighbours house was built, indeed before any other houses were in any kind of proximity and our property has always been fenced all around.
The neighbour is making any and every objection. Our fencing contractor says he has the right to enter the neighbours property if necessary by the distance of 30 cm. to facilitate the erecting of the new fence and would only do so if absolutely necessary We wish to use the exact placement of the existing fence. He and his wife agreed to the fence when asked about it last summer, now he does not. We went to his house last week to advise him of the commencement of work and there was an uncomfortable episode I which he threatened to kick down the fence if it encroached on his land. We told him we have no intention of taking any of his garden and offered him the wood from the trees we had taken down. He took the wood, asked for more and is now claiming the existing concrete post and wire fence as his own and has stacked the wood against it. Where do we stand on this? The fencing is due to be put up on 20th Feb and we have just received a virulent quasi legal letter from him. (Your website doesn't mention fees, could you explain any fees please).
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nicola,
Thank you for your email. I afraid any answer would now be academic as the work has begun. I would be grateful if you will refund the fee I paid of 34GBP? I will stop the approved payment of 42GBP by PayPal if I can discover how to do that, you will understand with the best will in the world the service you provide has not proved useful to me.
Kind rhetads
Heather Carpenter