12826847

I defaulted my secured loan on my property in 2008. Never received

Customer Question

I defaulted my secured loan on my property in 2008. Never received any default notice and my credit report shows that my loan is satisfied. What next
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What can i do to remove the charge,and also weather the loan is still varied
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Do you deny that you were in default?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
I can offer a phone call if you would like but it will rack up the cost and it will not give you any more information than we can deliver online.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im not denying , but i have never received a default notice. I have never paid a peny since 2008. My credit report shows that the loan is satisfied. Why has the lender havent acted to the terms and condition of the loan?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
I wouldn't take much notice of that. The days when challenges to default notices were successful have really gone.Are you saying the loan is not satisfied?
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me back joC please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
I'm here.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can i get a discharge letter?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
It is not that simple.Are you saying the loan is not satisfied?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its not.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
What is it secured against? What is the date of default?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
secured on mortgaged house and defaulted in 2008
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Have they sought to act upon it?Do you know when in 2008?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing has happened but need to know what could happen as its along time ago.
Defaulted in june 2008
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
They are out of time to sue then.This default will drop off anyway in June 2016 because it has been 6 years since the date of default.In terms of having it removed, you can always ask them to prove that the default notices were served correctly but I wouldn't suggest it. If they start looking at this they may remove the satisfaction notice and you don't want that even though it is only for about four months.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes. please clarify the last paragraph.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
In what way?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If they cant sue, what could be the likely scenario cause i cant sell the house because of the charge? What do you mean they can remove satisfaction for 4 months
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Do you mean there is a charge on the house? Consequent upon a CCJ? That is not a default.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The charge is at the land registry because of the secured loan.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
That is different. That is not a default.They don't have to serve a default notice to do that.You can still sell as long as you pay the charge off.Otherwise the way to remove it is to pay in full.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They wont tell me a figure of the amount owed. Im i still incurring interest or is it the same with the amount defaulted?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
No, normally it is 8%.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Morning JoC,
I was charged for the telephone call and i never used it. The person who called me promised me that i will not be charged .
Please check
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
I will ask a mod to look at this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was charged for a phone service and i never used it. Can i get a refund or someone call me for the service. I think its unfair to pay for nothing .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, Im sure they will do that for you. You need to contact them on***@******.***
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou. I will do that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
No problem.All the best.