Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have just paid 5000 deposit kitchen after high

Customer Question

I have just paid 5000 for a deposit for a kitchen after high pressure from sales man saying that I would lose the 10% off if I did not pay a deposit..
I did not sign anything and once i thought about it its really not what I want. Can I get my deposit back?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you day. Where, how and when did you pay the deposit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Jenny
i paid stadium studios in milton keynes over the phone with a visa debit card about 9am on the 12th Feb
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes you have a right to a refund under the Distance Selling Regulations , you should contact them and say that you wish to cancel the contract in accordance with your legal rights. They should not refuse to do this. If they attempt to then you should tell them you will contact trading standards and raise a small claim to recover your money. If there is anything else you would like to know please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Jenny
I contacted stadium studios and they said I am not entitled to a refund under distance selling regs as I had been into the store to view the kitchens and when they told me I needed to pay a deposit or lose a 10% off offer I sent an email to say I would come in to pay a deposit but in the end paid over the phone. I hadn't chosen which kitchen I liked and the kitchen plan wasn't finished. I felt under pressure to pay the deposit and really hadn't thought things through. i would be greatful for anymore advice.
jo
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
The order was still placed over the phone not in the store so the Consumer Contract Regulations still apply (these supercede the Distance Selling Regulations). The fact you had previously been n store makes no difference to the position. They are trying to fob you off.