75100385

I am struggling to send a final reply letter. Landlord is in

Customer Question

I am struggling to send a final reply letter. Landlord is in breech of vacancy eviction notice. My tenancy was 6th month rolling.
He served notice in 24 Jan - 2 months end date: 27 March 2016. Reason given was to renovate his buy to let 1 bed flat. I have written:
1) Mr Landlord,
Further to your attendance to the flat night.
I confirm that I have secured an onward move. I will be vacating the property on Monday, 29th February 2016.
As I have paid rental up to and include the 27th of February 2016 I will make payment to you of 2 days rental amount of £50.95p.
Yours faithfully
______________________________________________________________________
reply from Landlord today:
Hi Charmaine
I am pleased that you have finally found a place. As I mentioned last night you are required to give a month notice. However as a good gesture, I did say to you last night that I am happy to accept a notice for 10th March 2016 to vacate the property provided you let me know by today. Therefore, you are required to pay the rent up to 10th of March whether you are living at the property or not. The rent should be calculated on the daily basis and then multiply by the number of days till 10th March 2016. I can work this out and let you know by tomorrow.
Faiz
_______________________________________________________________________
I am struggling with final reply: Draft so far.. I may have to stay and save up again to look again for another flat.
_________________________________________________________________________
I have complied to vacate on Monday, 29th February 2016 with an additional 2 days rent.
I have found somewhere to go and cannot afford the proposed additional rental payment as well as Utility bills and the move expenses.
I will have no other option but to decline the move offered and let them know as soon as possible that I cannot afford to move on this date.
If I receive your response by Monday morning I can let them know what I propose to do.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have followed the advice from the tenancy agency - London, UK. Landlord is using bulling methods to make me pay his loss of rent whilst planning to get builders in after 10 March.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will like to know that my final response is adequate - in law.I landlord is asking me to pay additional rent when I do not have to ... I cannot afford to stay and pay this. I want to write a short precise reply saying that but also making the landlord realise that if I cannot pay, i will be there longer than the tenancy notice to leave on the 27th March. He will have to apply eviction notice instead which will be a more costly option. I cannot state this in my email/letter but want to be sure that I have said enough to hint this fact.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on. The system should have asked for your number.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mobile: 07801 966779
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not had any call back - or answer reply
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
What time would be good to speak?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please call me asap: 9am Monday, 22/2/2016
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Calling now.Alex