Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have two new borne babies on New years Eve and my partner

Customer Question

I have two new borne babies on New years Eve and my partner has depression and has taken them to her Mothers and is refusing to let me see them can I legally demand to see them as it is almost a week and I am out of my mind with worry!!!!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Are you named on their birth certificate as the father? Have you and the mother separated? As their father the children have a right to a relationship with you and this will include seeing you. The mother is only able to justify restricting them seeing you if she has concerns about the level of care you provide to them when they are with you. In the circumstances you should remind her that the children have a right to see you and put forward proposals for this to happen. If she still does not agree then you should make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.