12826847

I ordered two kitchen cabinets from a shop which makes anything

Customer Question

I ordered two kitchen cabinets from a shop which makes anything in wood. This was last April. However I did tell them I didn't need them until the end of the year. A little later I paid a deposit of £1200 from a total of £1600 to verify the arrangement. In October when my house was beginning to take shape I realised that two was one too many and asked if I could cancel one. I was told that they were already made so I said okay. When I went back in mid January I was told they would be delivered. When nothing happened I wen back last Monday 15th and said that I didn't think they were made and I would like my deposit back. Then the tirade started. I was called all the names under the sun told to get out and sworn at. The other person in the shop spoke to me outside and said don't worry he would sort it out and would let me know either later that day or the next. Till now nothing. How can I proceed to get my money back. Thanking you in advance yours sincerely ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you agree cancellation rights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you have a claim?Do you deny that this is an item made to specification?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking if the fact that the goods have not been delivered and no time for delivery has been set and the fact that I was verbally abused when querying if in fact the goods had been made.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry? Are you asking if you can cancel for that reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm actually asking what Is my position regarding getting the goods within the very near future or alternatively getting my money back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my answer was quite clear
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Your post above does not contain a question.However, the answer to that question is that you cannot. These are goods made to specification. You do not have cancellation rights.They might well have been delayed but that doesn't go to an issue in the contact unless you agreed time is of the essence which would be unlikely.The fact that they may have been rude has no impact at all upon the contract.If you seek to cancel they could sue and they will win.Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo