29905560

Just resigned with the following letter. They are trying

hi
Just resigned with the following letter. They are trying to meet with me Monday 70 miles away at a location where all the diretors etc are who caused the breach, if I go I' afriad I will be harissed and be put in a compramising situation to which they can build a case against me.
Letter
I am writing to inform you that due to the fundamental breach of contract by x and the breakdown in the necessary trust and confidence that I as an employee must have in my employer, I am resigning from my post of Senior Account Manager with immediate effect. My last day with the company will be Monday 22nd February 2016.
Since November 2015, the company has frustrated my attempts to secure orders and business for x. The company has failed to pay suppliers and undermined my credibility with both suppliers and customers making it impossible for me to do my job. The company is on stop with several suppliers due to non payment and customers have cancelled orders with more cancellations likely and some orders being withheld. I have raised issues of non payment and accounts being on stop with the company on many occasions and have documentary evidence of this. I have been placed in embarrassing and difficult positions with both suppliers and customers and my position has become untenable due to the actions of the company.
I have been advised that the company is in fundamental breach of contract and I’m entitled to twelve weeks notice which I have been unable to serve due to the actions of the company making my position untenable and I therefore look forward to receiving payment in lieu of that twelve weeks notice to include all benefits, such payment to be made no later than 20 March 2016.
All company equipment is available to send to the Pxx. Customer logs, contacts, passwords, current opportunities and all open actions will be forwarded to LX. I can be reached at xx or my telephone number 07x and I would be grateful if you could acknowledge this.
I am disappointed that after thirteen years loyal service with the company, my position has become untenable due to the fundamental breach of contract by the company.
Reply
Chris, needless to say this has come as a surprise.
Clearly, it is important for us to talk about this. You cancelled the call we had intended to hold today. You were scheduled to be in the Rochester office on Monday. It would be inappropriate in the circumstances for you to participate in the management meeting but we could sit down together and discuss this before the management meeting starts. Please confirm.
My notes:-
Shortly after my email to HR Email access stopped and server access then an hour later the phone was deactivated. The same number I suggested in the letter to contact me on.
Now Ive gone out to get a phone.
I had intended to put together a handover package and numbers to hand to Lynn on Monday as instructed in my letter. I will still put together locally on my PC however to have best document, access to the server would have been better.
Re his comment on cancel.. We had never confirmed a time and he never replied to an email Thursday that said I can catch you tomorrow. (Friday)
Clearly they are trying to get me out of my position/stance and have me in a tight spot to help build there own case against me.
My only purpose to go to this office is for this meeting, if I'm not in the meeting then no need to go also with phone and emails off what trust do I have they will pay my expenses to go to this office since its not my normal place if work.
I'd be willing to call him Monday to talk about receiving a reply, tell him the gravity of my decision as I have no secure future employment today. And from Tuesday will be looking for a job.
Also share the last straw moment of the 8% customer being told supplier details, found out Friday.
I could do with just a quick couple of lines so not to say wrong thing.
The meeting he's talking about is at 12:30 Monday.
Best Regards.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what to email them back asap.
I just dont want to say the wrong thing.
Can you suggest a couple of line?
so I dont have to meet with them, without them claiming some sort of issue.
thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. Will you be meeting with them at a neutral place or in the company's offices? Are you adamant that you do not not want to meet with them at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks... no interest in meeting with them, Cheers Chris.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You say your last day will be on Monday - are you actually going in to perform work for them on that day?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was planning too but phone and email and server access cut off. Been working this weekend on handover doc, was planning on telling them I'd finish it off Monday even go to local office to share with a colleague, but I figure the cut off is hostile, maybe the local office wont allow me in with key access 25 miles from home.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You certainly cannot be force to meet with them. I know you have said you are resigning on Monday but that is not with immediate effect so if you are wishing to make t with immediate effect then it would be when you sent them the letter so you would not need to go in at all next Monday. If you have any of their property you would be required to make arrangements to return that but it still would not require you to meet them face to face. So to tell them you will not meet with them I suggest you state something along the following lines: “I am not prepared to meet to discuss any of these matters as I see no benefit in doing so. My decision has been made, I have decided to resign and did so with immediate effect on [date of letter] so I will not be attending any of the company’s offices or meeting with any of its staff. I simply wish to reiterate that I have been unable to serve due to the actions of the company making my position untenable and I therefore look forward to receiving payment in lieu of that twelve weeks notice to include all benefits, such payment to be made no later than 20 March 2016. I also confirm that I will make arrangements to return any of the company’s property I still hold as per my resignation letter. I look forward to hearing from you in relation to the issue of notice payment and return of property.” I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** of the extra day was for atleast electronic handover to stop them saying dropped them in it with no hand over
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
That's fine, you can still arrange a handover at a later date if necessary, the above letter should still be sufficient for now to avoid meeting with them. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'