75100385

Alex, I found out on Friday 19/02/2016, that I have CCJ debt (8k) registered in N

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I found out on Friday 19/02/2016, that I have CCJ for a debt (8k) registered in November 2011 against my old address. I am not sure but it may be related to one of the credit cards I defaulted on at the end of 2008. The question is why claimant did not still enforce it (as I think I am quite easy to find just by googling my name) and what I should do about it?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be good to know as to when I should expect the call from you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I need to know your number as indicated in the offer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent it already. Here it is again: +447713488977
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am just having dinner, I will call shortly.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
Thank you for phone call. I just wanted to thank you and reformulate the question I asked during the conversation. If the debt is mine, and I manage to set the judgment aside on the basis that I did not have a chance to be present during the process or file defence. Will the claimant have legal power to get another judgment on the debt that was last admitted as such back in 2008. Does 6 year rule not apply here?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes, because proceedings were issue within 6 years which is the time limit. It makes no difference therefore if you set aside.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex, if I still go for set aside option, what are my chances to be successful in this?
Second - If I set aside existing CCJ, then ask to prove claimant it was my debt and if it was, manage to negotiate a deal to settle the debt by a single payment, am I right to think that I will get rid of CCJ from my credit files? Or will it still be there?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If they served at an address you did not live at, you should be successful.If you negotiate a settlement, unless they ask for a Court Judgment it wont be on your credit file.Alex