How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My senario is i got refugee status in nov 2010 my

Resolved Question:

my senario is
i got refugee status in nov 2010
my child born on dec 2010
in 2015 i applied for ilr and included my child born here in UK
we all got ilr recenly a week ago
can i apply for my child registeration straight away or he has to wait also for one year from date of issue of his ilr
looking forward for reply
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
little addition
on my ilr its written as refugee settlement
on my son's ilr its written settlement only
and what documents i require to send if i can make application straight away
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Hello, you can apply for citizenship for your child immediately. This is because the rules for children born in the UK becoming citizens are different to the rules for you obtaining citizenship based on residence. Your child can apply immediately for citizenship as he was born in the UK and one of his parents settled (or given a right of settlement) in the UK since his birth. Indefinite leave to remain is also called settlement. As you have settled in the UK since the birth of your child and your child was born in the UK after 1983, your child qualifies immediately for Uk citizenship. Here is a link to the webpage of the UK government which explains this situation Here is a link to the form you fill in for your child to become a British citizen
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. You will need to supply your child's Birth Certificate as well as a passport photo. Additionally two referees will have to sign the application form attesting to the fact they have known the child and it has been resident in the UK. Here is a link to the Guide which you can read for filling in the form as there are certain requirements for referees to fulfill in order for them to be able to sign the form
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question so there is no incentive to answer any further Questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply
just last question linked with the question above
as there is quite a good amount of money involved with application, what are the chances of this application NOT being accepted by home office
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. Your prospects are excellent for getting citizenship for your child. As a general rule the HOME Office look favourably on children of refugees being granted citizenship in the UK. It assists in the assimilation of the child into British society.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply and encouraging me to take this step
Looking forward to get your professional advice in future also when needed