Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My senario is i got refugee status in nov 2010 my

hello
my senario is
i got refugee status in nov 2010
my child born on dec 2010
in 2015 i applied for ilr and included my child born here in UK
we all got ilr recenly a week ago
Question
can i apply for my child registeration straight away or he has to wait also for one year from date of issue of his ilr
looking forward for reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
little addition
on my ilr its written as refugee settlement
on my son's ilr its written settlement only
and what documents i require to send if i can make application straight away
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Hello, you can apply for citizenship for your child immediately. This is because the rules for children born in the UK becoming citizens are different to the rules for you obtaining citizenship based on residence. Your child can apply immediately for citizenship as he was born in the UK and one of his parents settled (or given a right of settlement) in the UK since his birth. Indefinite leave to remain is also called settlement. As you have settled in the UK since the birth of your child and your child was born in the UK after 1983, your child qualifies immediately for Uk citizenship. Here is a link to the webpage of the UK government which explains this situation https://www.gov.uk/register-british-citizen/born-in-uk-after-1983. Here is a link to the form you fill in for your child to become a British citizen https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-register-child-under-18-as-british-citizen-form-mn1
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. You will need to supply your child's Birth Certificate as well as a passport photo. Additionally two referees will have to sign the application form attesting to the fact they have known the child and it has been resident in the UK. Here is a link to the Guide which you can read for filling in the form as there are certain requirements for referees to fulfill in order for them to be able to sign the form https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/483729/MN1_Guide_December_2015.pdf
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question so there is no incentive to answer any further Questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply
just last question linked with the question above
as there is quite a good amount of money involved with application, what are the chances of this application NOT being accepted by home office
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. Your prospects are excellent for getting citizenship for your child. As a general rule the HOME Office look favourably on children of refugees being granted citizenship in the UK. It assists in the assimilation of the child into British society.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply and encouraging me to take this step
Looking forward to get your professional advice in future also when needed