How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10536
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

If my child is a UK citizens,and am not and we are out of the

Customer Question

If my child is a UK citizens,and am not and we are out of the uk but I she need to meet her grandparent's, will I be granted visitors visa to uk
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****, you will almost certainly be granted a visitor's visa to visit the UK so your UK citizen child can see their grandparents. This is almost a given. Be aware, additionally, that you have the right to apply for a visa to live and work in the UK to support your UK citizen child in the UK. This is in accordance with the Zambrano decision of the European Court of Justice. So, if you want to live and work in the UK with your UK citizen child, you can also do so, but you must first apply for a visa for this. However, you should have no problem getting a visitor's visa so you can accompany your UK citizen child to meet their grandparents in the UK.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer you rate the Answer your expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay so what type of document should I have to apply for accompany my child to the UK
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Here is a link to a page in the Uk Government website which explains how to apply and gives a link to where you may apply online from South Africa for the visitor's visa.