Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I fell/slipped at work 18mths ago- no blame on my employer

hi- i fell/slipped at work 18mths ago- no blame on my employer i add- but although i told him i had damaged my wrist, he happily let me carry on working- i felt due to my job and his disinterest, i had no choice- i worked 6 mths in pain, wearing a wrist support- he knew this- before i said i was seeking medical advice- he wanted me to simply see a physio. i had ripped the cartilage on the end of my ulna and totally trashed the main wrist ligament, so i had to have an operation and was off work several weeks- i still got my salary, as i have private insurance to cover that. i got severely depressed and ended up back on anti depressents that i had weaned off 12 mths earlier. now, im still in pain as the op worked, but i still have the cartilage tear, which is a risky op one i cant risk and i have restricted ability with my wrist as to what jobs i can do now- i am a manager on a dairy unit, so i use/need my hands to do my job correctly- any advise as to i have a claim for an industrial accident for stress, pain, loss of future kob prospect etc plz??
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kasare replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question I will assist you with this.Unfortunately, you do not have a claim against your employers for the accident as you accept it was not your employers fault. As an employee you also have a duty to take care of your own health and safety. You should have sought medical intervention earlier. It is the pain, suffering which has likely caused your stress and depression.However, given your injury and ongoing pain and damage, you are entitled to ask your employer to restrict your work to light duties. Your employer has an obligation to consider this, if such work exists. If there is such work and they refuse to permit you to such light duty you could have a claim against them in the employment tribunal.I'm sorry that this is likely not the answer you wanted, but I have to advise you in accordance with the law.If you have any further questions please ask.
Kasare, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for making that clear- i asked the question, as i have numerous people telling me i had a claim- i didnt think i had, so thats all clear now- cheers