ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

How much (in broad terms) would I expect to pay to

how much (in broad terms) would I expect to pay to have post marital agreement put in place if the parties are not in dispute about the content? (I appreciate that both parties needs to take legal advice and understand their rights).
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Disclosure is the stage that takes the longest so if both husband and wife are able to prepare full disclosure of all their financial information before approaching a solicitor the this will reduce costs. With full disclosure ready along with the terms of your agreement ready - this this should take about 2-3 hours for one parties solicitor to prepare the agreement. Dependent on your location then this should be around £500 - 700. The solicitor acting for the other spouse will be significantly cheaper as they will only be checking the agreement and providing advice on this - so approx £300 - £500. Kind Regards ***** ***** you have found this service useful - please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. Is it possible to have the agreement drawn up without meeting the solicitor (I appreciate that the party being asked to sign the agreement needs to take advice on it and that this needs to be face to face).Many thanks
jo
Hello Jo Post Marital agreements are not technically legally binding on a future family court Judge - if there was to be a divorce. That being said Judges will follow the terms of such an agreement if they consider the agreement was fair and both parties went into the agreement with full knowledge. To try and give the best opportunity of any agreement later being followed by a Judge - it really is best to make sure that the agreement is properly drawn up. Each agreement will also be quite different as this will depend on the assets and circumstances etc so there is no set template that can be provided. I hope this helps. Kind Regards ***** ***** feedback is gratefully received