ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My ex partner claiming legal aid but she and her mom sold

Hi.My ex partner claiming legal aid but she and her mom sold house and land back in poland last summer and they got like 25 Grand on saving account in poland.She also is after council house in uk.My questions are.
is that legal that they didn't told any one about this money?
is that posible to trace that money abroad?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. The £25k should have been disclosed to the Legal Aid Agency. Although the Legal Aid Agency wouldn't know about any overseas sales - your ex would have signed a declaration with the Legal Aid Agency to say that she did not have more than £8k in savings. If she does have more than this - even if this is in an account in another country then she is being dishonest with the Legal Aid Agency. I suggest that you contact the Legal Aid Agency and tell them your concerns. The Legal Aid Agency could choose to suspend your ex's Public Funding whilst they investigate. The Telephone Number for the Legal Aid Agency is 0300 200 20 20. In respect of a council house - I am not a benefits adviser so cannot say what the threshold is - but if you do have concerns you should contact your local council and tell them. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when the legal aid agency find out about her dishonesty what can be they reaction to this?What posible actions they will take against her?
Hello The Legal Aid Agency will want to investigate. The Declaration that your ex would have signed would have included the standard warning that providing information incorrectly could be considered as fraud. the Legal Aid Agency may choose to refer the matter to the police if they feel this is substantiated. They could also revoke the Public Funding Certificate and seek to claim back all the legal costs incurred. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today