75100385

I have signed a contract specific amount of money. Out

I have signed a contract for a specific amount of money. Out of that money the defendant paid me and now owes me about 12000Although I am owed about 12000 pounds , can I claim 10000 in order to keep this claim on to small claims?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Yes you can claim only £10,000 which keeps it under the small claims limit.Or if the Defendant will agree £12,000 in a small claim it can stay there.So its either £10,000 or £12,000 with the other sides agreement.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your prompt answer. I know that the defendant will not accept the 12000 to go through the small claims court. I take it the legal fee (about 400 pounds) will not push this to fast track? Meaning if I will win , the defendant will have to pay me circa 10400. I forgot to say that the case is extremely straight forward and will not be required to go to fast track.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Its the amount in dispute, excluding interest and Court fees.So £10,000 is fine.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wonderful, many thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have a good day
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
And youAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
ThanksAlex