75100385

Thank you reply to my text message. I

Thank you for your reply to my text message.
I am due to attend as a DEFENDANT in a small claims court hearing this Wednesday afternoon at County Court in Thanet (Margate) in Kent.
For some reason, the court hearing is being held at the claimant’s home court.
The opposite party has solicitor’s representation I am on my own without one.
The dispute is about electrical rewiring work that was carried out.
Some part of the original quoted work was not done and some unquoted additional work I thought was over charged.
I have made part payment and the Claimant wants full payment.
In any case, the opposit party seemed to have given a good reason during the course of the court paperwork (witness statement) submitted.
Although I initially indicated I wished to defend ALL of the claim from the opposite party; I may decide to defend part of the claim during the court hearing
All the evidence paper from both claimant and defendant myself had already been submitted about 2 weeks ago, ie the deadline for submission.
However, I was having a central heating boiler put in last week, and the gas engineer noticed that the electrical wiring/cabling that the claimant did was running alongside the gas pipes which he believe to be potentially dangerous.
I therefore got British Gas electrician (as I have homecare cover with them) and they have put in writing that it is not to standard and at risk and potentially dangerous” – he has given me a handwritten report Friday afternoon few days ago.
I have the paper work and document as well as some pictures taken.
This is of course something I leant about only few days ago and deadline for evidence paper submission is nearly 2 weeks passed the deadline.
My question, what is your view and advice regarding this evidence in relation to the impending court hearing on Wednesday?
Shall I submit the paperwork today in time for Wednesday? Would the court accept this? And would I need to send this to their solicitor as well ( as I am supposed to send these to opposite party as well.) He would probably use his legal skills to prevent this accepted as evidence?
Or shall I mention it on the day?
Many thanks.
Manoj
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you Are you in person or a company please?Have you had a notice of hearing from the Court?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not a company an individual to attend court yes, I have a date of hearing set for wednesday.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So you have some additional evidence which you want to introduce, is that right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correctThis is of course something I leant about only few days ago and deadline for evidence paper submission is nearly 2 weeks passed the deadline.what is your view and advice regarding this evidence in relation to the impending court hearing on Wednesday? Shall I submit the paperwork today in time for Wednesday? Would the court accept this? And would I need to send this to their solicitor as well ( as I am supposed to send these to opposite party as well.) He would probably use his legal skills to prevent this accepted as evidence?Or shall I mention it on the day?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to serve it now. Then ask the Court to rely on it, you need permission as it should have been filed and served 14 days beforehand.But serve it now and take it on the day.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will the other parties solicitor be difficult and reject this in court?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It should be ok as a small claim.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thats fine Alex thank you for your help.Manoj
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Alex