75100385

I would like to know what are my legal rights concerning an

Customer Question

I would like to know what are my legal rights concerning an online purchase (4 October 2015) that was meant to be delivered in November. The wrong item was delivered on 30 November 2015 and since then I have been trying to have the situation solved. I have received compensation in terms of reduction of the price of my purchase and have been promised every time, first December, then January, the late January, then February. I still have not had my item delivered and I still have in my garage the wrong item taking space. The fact is that I have a suspicion that they do not have my item any more (as it is not shown in the website as available any longer). They said that they had a change of delivery company and that is why it is taking so long. However, I would appreciate on their side 1) honesty (instead of promises of "next week") and 2) an exact date of delivery of my item.I do not know how is it possible, even with the most horrific delivery company, something to take over 5 months to deliver if they have it in their warehouse?Additionally, I have been thinking on writing a letter to all papers and magazines about their poor service and situation, as they advertise on all the major newspapers and home magazines. It is a furniture company.I would appreciate to get some advice on:1- what is the best course of action
2- What are my options
3- What is the likelihood of getting the item I paid for in October 2015Many thanks,Judit
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How did you pay for this?What is it you want to achieve?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid with my debit card. I would like to have the console I ordered. I really like it. I could have asked for a full reimbursement already. The reason I did not do it is because I really liked that item.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you going to call me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I need your number, yes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did send it through a private window that popped up, apologies - ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I will call shortly.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Alex, I have not got a call from you yet, shall I expect that today? It is gong to be complicated from 3.30 onwards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I did try, but I was on the train. When is now good to talk?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably tomorrow
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - let me know.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex could you call me tomorrow at 10.30 please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am in Court at 10am, so it may be after 10am but before lunch time if that is ok.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an 11.30 to 12. Otherwise free from 10.30 to 13.00. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, come online when you are free and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex - I would appreciate if we can sort this question out as I had paid last week for an instant answer and we are a week later and still do not have any answer. I have a full time demanding job and I cannot keep logged onto the screen. During the day, except for Mondays I have really limited availability.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Therefore, could you please advise if you have time today? Otherwise, could we please define a day and time and respect that?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Shall we say this evening say 8pm.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, that time is not good as I need to attend the needs of my family. Would it be possible at some time no later than 6pm, please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call today later on between say 4pm and 6pm - is that ok?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, I think you have tried to call me. I was in a meeting till now. Will be on the train now until 6.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I did - let me know when you are free again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, apologies, my week has been quite hectic tomorrow Friday 4 March works before 10.30 or from 12 to 16.00
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It's likely to be pm. Can you come back and just remind em when you are online?Can we make it after 1pm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, no problem. I am not sure whether I will be able to be online as I am at work and although no meetings have to get things done. I will try to check emails after 1PM. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You around now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi alex, sorry that I did not see this earlier, yes, now is good
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Helpfully the moderator has removed your number, can you give it to me again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.