How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2739
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I work estate agents, we need to serve tenants a

Resolved Question:

Hi I work for a estate agents, we need to serve tenants a section 21 notice but not do not have an up to date gas cert because tenant will not allow access. Only one AST in place started on the 05/04/2014 and currently on a rolling contract.
Can you please advise if a section 21 served today will be valid?
Thanks Ellie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Was a valid gas certificate provided prior to their tenancy commencing? If they are refusing to allow you to enter, as long as one was served prior to their tenancy commencing you can rely on that one when serving a Section 21 notice. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you