How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I've been handed a N79A committal order ,saying

Customer Question

I've been handed a N79A committal order for disobedience ,saying I shoul have attended court in 2014 ,and now have to attend in March this is for a loan repayments that I took 10 year ago 'is there anything I can do to not go to court
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I claim statute barred as it's been at least 8 year since I last paid
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Is this sealed by the Court?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iithink know so, what can I do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does it have a Crown in a circle on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did they issue proceedings for the original debt within 6 years? What date was it issued and what date did they get Judgment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so , issued on 4th September 2014 ,judgement 12th september2014
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I received this letter last week from the company taking me to court ,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So you were ordered to attend Court and you didnt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never had a letter to attend court otherwise I would have gone to court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - well dont worry about this. The order is SUSPENDED, which means if you attend Court for questioning then it wont be invoked.So attend Court for questioning and that is the end of this committal order.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be in my best interest to get in touch with the finance company and arrange some kind of payment plan or is it too late to do so and let the court decide
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its too late for that. You MUST attend Court. You can make an offer of payment when at Court.Does that help?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: