12826847

My car received a parking ticket whilst being driven by someone

Customer Question

My car received a parking ticket whilst being driven by someone who lives in Turkey. I notified the ticket issuer ( Harrogate Council) within the time allowed sending the name and Turkish address.Can they continue action against me?
Also the same driver was accused of driving in a Nottingham bus lane. The photo showing the offence showed that the car was not in the bus lane, but approaching it. The driver assures me that she did not enter the bus lane but turned immediately before it taking the left turn to Hockley. The left turn is clearly visible on the photo of the car and it is quite plausible that a left turn was executed? I appealed and this was rejected Nottingham Council then changed the offence to driving in a "bus lane gate" this was well after time they have to notify the driver the new offence. Can they do this legally?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking whether you are liable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I notified them the name and address of the driver who lives in Turkey. Am I still liable ? Can they continue to Persue me if the driver fails to respond? Also if the issue a charge of using a bus lane can they much later change the charge to driving in a bus Laine gate. The photo shows that the car was approaching the bus lane gate but not actually in the gate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pressed SEND but no answer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If this is a local council fine then you are liable if you are the registered keeper.They do not run against the driver. They cannot equally send out NIPs and demand the identity of drivers.I would pay them before it becomes larger.You can sometimes can them to discontinue if they have sympathy but clearly they are not willing to use their discretionary grounds.Also, you don't want the police to turn up asking you to prove he was insured which is a favourite trick of the council.You could always recover by suing him if he returns to the UK.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo